noun (plural same)
- A woman who sits and knits (used especially in reference to a number of women who did this, during the French Revolution, while attending public executions).More example sentences
- She also has the musky and morbid sense of someone who is her own tricoteuse, knitting her own legend.
- Very soon after the indictment of Mr. Libby, the tricoteuses glumly conceded that no conspiracy has been uncovered.
- In effect, they are the bulwarks of the tricoteuses.
French, from tricoter 'to knit'.
More definitions of tricoteuseDefinition of tricoteuse in:
- The British & World English dictionary