Definition of tricuspid in English:
1Having three cusps or points, in particular.
- Patients with evident extravascular fluid retention should be diuresed until the disappearance of excess fluid and the normalization of jugular venous pressure (unless tricuspid regurgitation is present).
- The study was technically limited due to the patient's size and large plasmacytoma in his chest but did show mild aortic stenosis and mild tricuspid and mitral regurgitation.
- These researchers reported cardiac carcinoid involvement in the form of endocardial fibrosis leading to tricuspid insufficiency.
1.1Denoting a tooth with three cusps or points.
- Some F 2 teeth are truly tricuspid, like those of LF, whereas others are truly bicuspid, as in MZ.
- Their tricuspid teeth (three sharp points per tooth) are especially adapted to feed on organisms with hard shells such as clams, snails, crabs and shrimp.
- Next, we use field data for cichlid species with adult unicuspid, bicuspid, and tricuspid teeth.
1.2Denoting or relating to a valve formed of three triangular segments, particularly that between the right atrium and ventricle of the heart.
- Deoxygenated blood first enters the right atrium of the heart and enters the right ventricle through the tricuspid valve.
- The endocardial cushions form the lower atrial septum, the upper ventricular septum, the septal leaflet of the tricuspid valve and the anterior leaflet of the mitral valve.
- A large mass was identified in the right atrium that extended through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle almost to the right ventricular apex.
Definition of tricuspid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia