Definition of tricuspid in English:
1Having three cusps or points, in particular.
- Patients with evident extravascular fluid retention should be diuresed until the disappearance of excess fluid and the normalization of jugular venous pressure (unless tricuspid regurgitation is present).
- The study was technically limited due to the patient's size and large plasmacytoma in his chest but did show mild aortic stenosis and mild tricuspid and mitral regurgitation.
- These researchers reported cardiac carcinoid involvement in the form of endocardial fibrosis leading to tricuspid insufficiency.
1.1Denoting a tooth with three cusps or points.
- Some F 2 teeth are truly tricuspid, like those of LF, whereas others are truly bicuspid, as in MZ.
- Their tricuspid teeth (three sharp points per tooth) are especially adapted to feed on organisms with hard shells such as clams, snails, crabs and shrimp.
- Next, we use field data for cichlid species with adult unicuspid, bicuspid, and tricuspid teeth.
1.2Denoting or relating to a valve formed of three triangular segments, particularly that between the right atrium and ventricle of the heart.
- Deoxygenated blood first enters the right atrium of the heart and enters the right ventricle through the tricuspid valve.
- The endocardial cushions form the lower atrial septum, the upper ventricular septum, the septal leaflet of the tricuspid valve and the anterior leaflet of the mitral valve.
- A large mass was identified in the right atrium that extended through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle almost to the right ventricular apex.
Definition of tricuspid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.