Definition of tricycle in English:
A vehicle similar to a bicycle, but having three wheels, two at the back and one at the front.
- Medium-sized ones include a tricycle or bicycle, scooter, or first in-line skates.
- Later, Rama's brother removed the wheels from her tricycle and fixed them to his bicycle.
- Bicycles and tricycles with heavy-laden trailers come at you from all angles, and on every street corner someone sits offering a vital puncture-repair service.
verb[no object] (often as noun tricycling) Back to top
Ride on a tricycle.
- Yet most of the so-called ‘experienced ‘divers on this trip were tricycling.’
- He and his wife, Pauline, a neurologist, enjoyed music, literature, walking, tandem tricycling, and cats.
- The prime minister tricycling through St James's Park in a purple velvet poncho must have been a memorable sight.
- Example sentences
- In March the North West region hosts a weekend in Carlisle originally arranged to get tricyclists from both sides of the border for a social weekend.
- Some of the tricyclists have been on waste-collection courses at Wongpanit.
- If you make the distance 100 feet, the tricyclist will probably win!
Definition of tricycle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan