noun (plural triennia /-ˈenēə/ or trienniums)
- A specified period of three years.More example sentences
- Indeed, he deferred submitting a proposal for renewal of a triennium of funding two years ago while he pulled together a massive restructuring of the organisation.
- We call it vocational registration, and we have to accumulate a minimum number of points over a triennium.
- The new International Rules of Yacht Racing, covering the triennium 2001-2004, were implemented for the first time in an Optimist regatta in Asia and the race organizers watched with great interest.
mid 19th century: from Latin, from tri- 'three' + annus 'year'.
More definitions of trienniumDefinition of triennium in:
- The British & World English dictionary