1A person who always makes an effort, however unsuccessful they may be: Kelly was described by her teachers as a real trier
More example sentences
- He may not have been top of the class, but he was a trier, he always put the effort in and he never gave up, right until the end.
- They have a team of real triers going into the big games and confidence will play a major part in the survival.
- But he is a real trier and the Saltires can be sure he'll give everything for their cause.
2A person or body responsible for investigating and deciding a case judicially: the jury is the trier of fact
More example sentences
- The appellant argues that a trier of fact cannot use such evidence to assess the general credibility of the accused by inferring from the bad character of the accused that she is not likely to tell the truth.
- But the judge being the trier of fact has heard the evidence of Savvas and has presumably formed at least a tentative view about the credibility of Savvas.
- And I do not accept, that at this stage of the proceedings, the fact the trier of fact is a judge alone rather than a jury makes any difference.
Words that rhyme with trieracquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
Words that rhyme with Trieradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.