noun (plural trigemini /-ˌnī/)Anatomy
- The trigeminal nerve.More example sentences
- The nerves we are going to examine are the overorbital and infraorbital ramifications of the trigeminus.
- The anatomic path of travel from the nasal mucous membrane to the genitals is through the fifth cranial nerve, or trigeminus which is supremely the ganglionic cranial nerve.
- To address this question we investigated the development of the N. trigeminus in the Japanese quail.
late 19th century: from Latin, literally 'three born at the same birth', extended to mean 'threefold'.
More definitions of trigeminusDefinition of trigeminus in:
- The British & World English dictionary