(also trimming tab)
- An adjustable tab or airfoil attached to a control surface, used to trim an aircraft in flight.More example sentences
- Such things as the wing tips, ailerons, trimming tabs, elevator, seats, berths and landing gear may be exchanged between one plane and another.
- Eva Air landed in Los Angeles in one piece, with rudder, elevator, fuselage, trim tabs and ailerons intact.
- The first review of the site on 13 September 1990, brought to light the impact crater and small pieces of metal including an aileron trim tab still painted olive and grey, and parts of the Pratt & Whitney engine.
More definitions of trim tabDefinition of trim tab in:
- The British & World English dictionary