adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- 1Having parts arranged in groups of three.More example sentences
- Trillium species are characterized by a single trimerous flower subtended by a whorl of three leaves.
- Some botanists noted certain similarities such as floral organs in trimerous whorls uniting members of this order and ‘primitive’ monocotyledons (Alisma).
- Basal lineages (Cabomba, Brasenia, Nuphar, and Barclaya) are trimerous with differentiated sepals and petals.
- 1.1Consisting of three joints or parts.More example sentences
- The fossil flower, Lauranthus futabensis, gen. et sp. nov. is assigned to the Lauraceae based on the regular trimerous organization of the perianth and androecium, and the valvate anthers.
- Trillium govanianum possesses characters normally seen in only Paris such as filiform petals and ellipsoid, monosulcate pollen, but it shares having trimerous flowers with Trillium.
More definitions of trimerousDefinition of trimerous in:
- The British & World English dictionary