Definition of trimester in English:
1A period of three months, especially as a division of the duration of pregnancy.
- Placental tissue of a foetus aborted during the first trimester of pregnancy was tested for CMV infection.
- Mothers were interviewed during the third trimester of pregnancy and one year after the birth.
- There is no evidence that vaccination in the first trimester of pregnancy is unsafe.
1.1North American Each of the three terms in an academic year.
- I also went to music school for two trimesters in between semesters in college.
- Other schools are experimenting with trimesters.
- She was on her first trimester (not for school) and was practically out of work when the loser bailed.
- Example sentences
- What follows is our first effort to meet the new format agreed upon at the Manizales meeting - a short, trimestral report from the Coordination.
- I have nine trimestral exams and one very big college entrance test.
- Trimestral alternation of triple combinations of ARV did not affect the variables assessed.
- Example sentences
- During the first trimestrial revision, a 50% abatement is given on the income of the preceding month.
- The CA working plan is organised around trimestrial meetings, bringing together the participants of 29 countries.
- Ten wild Lima bean populations were sampled during the 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998 first trimestrial period.
Words that rhyme with trimesterarrester, Avesta, Chester, contester, ester, Esther, fester, fiesta, Hester, investor, jester, Leicester, Lester, molester, Nestor, pester, polyester, protester, quester, semester, sequester, siesta, sou'wester, suggester, tester, vesta, zester
Definition of trimester in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan