Definition of triple A in English:
1 [usually as modifier] Finance The highest grading available from credit rating agencies.
- He said the cuts were needed to curtail the previous Government's economic mismanagement and keep the State's triple-A credit rating intact.
- It has lost its triple-A credit rating and can't assume that lenders will be willing to refinance its growing debt forever.
- Its triple-A rating is due in large part to its ownership by the German government.
2The highest competitive level in minor league baseball.
- He returned to the Giants as first base coach in '96, and in late 1997 was named manager of their triple A Fresno club.
- The going rate these days for a minor league baseball teams can be upwards of $10 million for a triple A team, and even those are hard to find because most of the major league teams own their triple A affiliates.
- Then there are the triple A teams dotting the landscape, and then the double A teams, and finally the single A teams.
Definition of triple A in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan