- The standard version of the genetic code, in which a sequence of three nucleotides in a DNA or RNA molecule codes for a specific amino acid in protein synthesis.More example sentences
- This suggested that the genetic code was a triplet code and therefore that a codon for phenylalanine is UUU.
- It was as a result of research which he carried out with Dr Francis Crick that the genetic code was shown to be the triplet code, or codon.
- Mutagens such as acridine orange work by deleting or inserting one or more bases into the DNA molecule, so shifting the frame of the triplet code for an amino acid.
More definitions of triplet codeDefinition of triplet code in:
- The British & World English dictionary