Definition of triplicate in English:
Pronunciation: /ˈtripləkət /[attributive]
Existing in three copies or examples: triplicate measurements
More example sentences
- Their ß-galactosidase activities were measured as described before and are shown as means of triplicate values with standard deviations.
- The triplicate theme extends from colour-coded cups to piggy banks and tricycles, though the girls are rarely dressed in identical outfits and their individual tastes are always encouraged.
- The standard curve was prepared by triplicate evaluations of the protein concentrations.
Pronunciation: /ˈtripləkət /archaic Back to top
A thing that is part of a set of three copies or corresponding parts: the triplicate of a letter to the Governor
More example sentences
- So in 1998 he filled out the requisite triplicates, signed on the mandatory dotted lines and did whatever else he thought necessary to bring in a foreign domestic to tend to her.
Pronunciation: /ˈtripləˌkāt /[with object] Back to top
Make three copies of (something); multiply by three.
- In the class III clones, a locus on the left arm had been triplicated and a substantial part of the right arm up to the terminal locus was missing.
- As you may have gathered, there were no sets or glamorous costumes; what scenery there was, was brought on and off by members of the very talented and hardworking cast of 35, who also duplicated and triplicated the characters.
- Third, many agronomically important genes or their alleles are chromosome specific and are not triplicated.
- Three times in exactly the same way: the procedure was repeated in triplicateMore example sentences
- Assays were repeated in triplicate for each condition, and tubing morphogenesis was evaluated.
- The experiments of PAS were repeated in triplicate, and an average value was obtained with estimated error bars.
- All experiments were performed in triplicate and repeated twice.
- 1.1Existing as a set of three exact copies: this form is in triplicate and must be handed to all employeesMore example sentences
- On Friday, my friend Nigel and I set off armed with copies in triplicate of the witness statements I'd collected to deliver to said parties as per court order.
- Unless, of course, they break up, in which case you'll require an immediate fax and hard copies in triplicate.
- I didn't imagine that his ‘special’ work required quite so much mind-numbing red tape and endless copies in triplicate.
- Example sentences
- A face can also be doubled (or multiplied, for instance, in the triplication of one actress within the same image) or borrowed.
- This map is used to estimate the degree of redundancy of chromosomes (i.e., the number of duplications, triplications, etc.).
- Originally presented to staff as a means of reducing administrative triplication, it has since become clear that the plan will eliminate at least 250 jobs, including teaching positions, mainly at the lowest pay scales.
Definition of triplicate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan