noun (plural triplicities)• rare
- 1A group of three people or things.More example sentences
- The triplicity of the Goddess in these texts is one of the most recurrent themes.
- The triplicity of waters will give birth to a man who will choose Thursday as his holy day.
- 1.1 • archaic The state of being triple.More example sentences
- The primary meaning may be mystical, but paradoxical triplicity is very much in the spirit of the poem.
late Middle English (as a term in astrology): from late Latin triplicitas, from Latin triplex, triplic- 'threefold' (see triplex).
More definitions of triplicityDefinition of triplicity in:
- The British & World English dictionary