Definition of trogon in English:
A bird of tropical American forests, with a long tail and brilliantly colored plumage.
- Family Trogonidae: several genera, in particular Trogon, and many species; the quetzals also belong to this family
- The small island was alive with wildlife: sloths, tapirs, peccaries, howler monkeys, tamarins, ocelots, blue - headed parrots, trogons and oropendolas, birds that make noises like water dropping on water.
- We also saw a citreoline trogon, a gorgeous bird with a predominantly yellow underside.
- Time and again he provoked a response, be it from a Cuban parrot, a Cuban pygmy owl, a Cuban trogon or a Cuban red-bellied woodpecker.
Definition of trogon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan