- 1Of, typical of, or peculiar to the tropics: tropical countries a tropical rain forestMore example sentences
- The forest cobra is a large, thick-bodied, black snake from the tropical and subtropical rain forests of Africa.
- The swamps include sago palms, mangroves, and patches of tropical rain forest.
- In uneven-aged tropical rain forest ecosystems, the same principle seems to apply.
- 1.1Resembling the tropics, especially in being very hot and humid: some plants thrived in last year’s tropical summer heatMore example sentences
- My mind was empty and was cooling off as the tropical summer heat was subsiding in the shower of the moonlight.
- Such images, humid with tropical nostalgia, have come to represent Cuba to the world today.
- Climatic variations range from humid to dry tropical to Mediterranean.
- More example sentences
- The Samoan environment is tropically lush, with green volcanic peaks plunging to brilliant coral reefs, an ecotourism paradise still unspoiled by mass tourism.
- The 22 acres of gardens were tropically luxuriant.
- The Red-hot Pokers in my garden have been fantastic this year, but would look resplendent in a more tropically themed space.