- The interface between the troposphere and the stratosphere.More example sentences
- The easiest is the ‘instantaneous forcing’ - the change is made and the difference in the net radiation at the tropopause is estimated.
- The probe will hit the coldest layer of the atmosphere, the tropopause, at about 28 miles, where expected temperatures hover around minus 390 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 200 degrees Celsius).
- We've observed warming of the Earth's land surface and oceans, cooling of the stratosphere, an increase in height of the tropopause, retreat of Arctic sea ice, and widespread melting of glaciers.
early 20th century: from Greek tropos 'turning' + pause.
More definitions of tropopauseDefinition of tropopause in:
- The British & World English dictionary