A burrowing marine bivalve mollusk with a thin, smooth shell.
- Family Mactridae: Spisula and other genera
More example sentences
- Other bivalves you are likely to see are: tellin, mussel, razor, trough shell, and sand gapers.
- Mactridae, also known as surf or trough shells or duck clams, is a family of marine bivalve clams of the order Veneroida.
- Fauna and fauna include live cockles, trough shells, carpet shells and tellins.
Definition of trough shell in:
- The British & World English dictionary