Definition of trough shell in English:
A burrowing marine bivalve mollusk with a thin, smooth shell.
- Family Mactridae: Spisula and other genera
- Other bivalves you are likely to see are: tellin, mussel, razor, trough shell, and sand gapers.
- Mactridae, also known as surf or trough shells or duck clams, is a family of marine bivalve clams of the order Veneroida.
- Fauna and fauna include live cockles, trough shells, carpet shells and tellins.
Definition of trough shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan