- A foliage leaf of a plant, as opposed to a seed leaf or cotyledon.More example sentences
- Plants overexpressing both R and GL1 produce many trichomes on cotyledon and hypocotyl surfaces and more trichomes on true leaves than plants overexpressing R alone.
- In the study of leaf growth and flowering time, pre-cultivation ended after 14 d when the plants had two true leaves with petioles.
- Sectoring events were observed in roots, cotyledons and the first true leaves, but no systematic description of sector frequency, sector size or any other parameter was undertaken.
More definitions of true leafDefinition of true leaf in:
- The British & World English dictionary