- A rib that is attached directly to the breastbone. Compare with floating rib.More example sentences
- It is extremely rare to find an additional rib or pair of ribs in both the cervical and lumbar regions at the same time. Eight true ribs have been observed.
- The Capsular Ligament surrounds the joints formed between the cartilages of the true ribs and the sternum.
- The top seven pairs of ribs are called true ribs since they connect directly to the sternum.
More definitions of true ribDefinition of true rib in:
- The British & World English dictionary