Definition of trumpet shell in English:
The shell of a large marine mollusk that can be blown to produce a loud note.
- Several species in the class Gastropoda, in particular the triton (Charonia tritonis, family Cymatiidae)
- One fun thing is that if you carefully hold this trumpet shell next to your ear, you can hear the ocean!
- Perhaps, however, it is more diverting to pick up some unique shells and trumpet shells along the beautiful beaches of Sanya by yourself.
- Outside on the reef are numerous lava formations sheltering critters such as cleaner wrasse, conger eels, tritons, trumpet shells and schooling squirrelfish.
Definition of trumpet shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan