Definition of trumpeter swan in English:
A large migratory swan with a black and yellow bill and a honking call, breeding in northern North America.
- Cygnus buccinator, family Anatidae
- The trumpeter swan, largest and rarest of the world's eight swan species, was once a common nesting bird in north, west, and central North America.
- And in Wisconsin conservationists fear efforts to reintroduce the trumpeter swan could be undermined by the presence of its larger, more aggressive cousin.
- The white form below us was not a rock but one of the most beautiful and graceful of creatures, the trumpeter swan.
Definition of trumpeter swan in:
- British & World English dictionary