Able to be relied on as honest or truthful: leave a spare key with a trustworthy neighbor
More example sentences
- A caring neighbour both honest and trustworthy, he loved the affairs of the day.
- You prefer to describe yourself as dependable, honest, practical and trustworthy.
- Trust is in truth unlikely to be restored for so long as politicians try and prove that one side is more honest and trustworthy than the other.
reliable, dependable, honest, honorable, upright, principled, true, truthful, as good as one's word, ethical, virtuous, incorruptible, unimpeachable, above suspicion;
responsible, sensible, levelheaded;
loyal, faithful, staunch, steadfast, trusty;
safe, sound, reputable, discreet
informal on the level, straight-up
- Example sentences
- Such principle assumes that people can be motivated to behave trustworthily by trustful actions.
- In other words, the partners behave trustworthily because it is in their own interest.
- With the intention of trustworthily representing the different recommendations and gratefulness from our clients, we have maintained texts in its original language.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.