Definition of truth table in English:
1A diagram in rows and columns showing how the truth or falsity of a proposition varies with that of its components.
- The statement ‘I am wet’ can be either true or false, and this accounts for the last two columns in the truth table.
- The fourth column can be read off from the truth table for disjunction.
- A well-known example of an effective method is the truth table test for tautologousness.
1.1 Electronics A diagram of the outputs from all possible combinations of input.
- The current activation/deactivation state of the array is then converted, advantageously via truth table logic, into a digital signal representative of the current position of the marker.
- A truth table shows how a logic circuit's output responds to various combinations of the inputs, using logic 1 for true and logic 0 for false.
- The logic gate truth table or truth tables used for electronic logic gates circuits including the AND, NAND, OR, NOR and exclusive OR circuits.
Definition of truth table in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan