- The Poet's Bridge evokes thoughts of romantic trysts, languid lovers and passionate verses.
- And as usual, they have a couple of dates and run off for a romantic tryst somewhere.
- Amberley Castle is surrounded by Sussex countryside, has an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts and beautiful courtyard gardens, including a rose arbour for romantic trysts.
- The two then ended up traveling and trysting together through several states.
- They were then trysting places of choice for teenagers.
- If we were leaving to find a spot to tryst, wouldn't they expect us to do it with a little more discretion?
- Example sentences
- But if palimony were at issue, neither of the trysters could have collected, at least not in New Jersey.
- The two timid trysters head off to the seashore to find an appropriate way to express their unspoken love.
- The same hour the next evening found him again at the same place; but Eustacia and Wildeve, the expected trysters, did not appear.
Late Middle English (originally Scots): variant of obsolete trist 'an appointed place in hunting', from French triste or medieval Latin trista.
Words that rhyme with trystassist, cist, coexist, consist, cyst, desist, enlist, exist, gist, grist, hist, insist, list, Liszt, mist, persist, resist, schist, subsist, twist, whist, wist, wrist
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.