noun (plural same or tsubas)
- A Japanese sword guard, typically elaborately decorated and made of steel.More example sentences
- The left hand takes control of the sword by holding the tsuba and the right hand passes down the side, smoothing the sageo as it goes.
- A tsuba is the hand guard mounted on a Japanese sword.
- Thus the Japanese sword tsuba became an elaborate piece of art - far beyond its practical use.
More definitions of tsubaDefinition of tsuba in:
- The British & World English dictionary