- A bacterium that causes tuberculosis.More example sentences
- Tuberculosis is an infection caused by a germ called the tubercle bacillus or Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Depending on concentration, iodophors have a wide range of activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, tubercle bacillus, fungi, and viruses and some activity against bacterial spores.
- Prevention, through public-health measures, including antispitting ordinances and the disposal of infected milk and meat, became a first line of defense after Koch identified the tubercle bacillus in 1882.
More definitions of tubercle bacillusDefinition of tubercle bacillus in:
- The British & World English dictionary