- A thick and fleshy root like a tuber but without buds, as in the dahlia.More example sentences
- The primary bulb species used for gardens and landscapes include: true bulbs, corms, tubers, tuberous roots, rhizomes, and enlarged hypocotyls.
- The leafy stems, bearing terminal preformed flower buds, sprout from the underground tuberous roots in early spring.
- A floating leaf with a cluster of tuberous roots can easily break from its floating branch to establish a new stand.
More definitions of tuberous rootDefinition of tuberous root in:
- The British & World English dictionary