Definition of tubifex in English:
A small red annelid worm that lives in fresh water, partly buried in the mud. Also called bloodworm.
- Genus Tubifex, family Tubificidae, class Oligochaeta
- Artificial plants will suffice (unless you intend to breed your fish), but the glowlight tetra finds that real plants are a delicacy along with its usual fare of tropical flake food, tubifex worms, and brine shrimp.
- When T. tubifex was exposed to soil contaminated with mixtures PCBs and other organic pollutants there was a decrease in reproduction and development.
- The food was a mixture of commercial tropical fish food, commercial guinea pig chow, freeze-dried tubifex worms, finely sifted silt, and puppy vitamins.
Definition of tubifex in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.