1A length or lengths of metal, plastic, glass, etc., in tubular form: use the plastic tubing to siphon the beer into the bottles
More example sentences
- I slipped short lengths of plastic tubing on top to give the fingers thickness.
- Using a long piece of plastic tubing, carefully siphon off the clear liquid into a clean container.
- The device, which consisted of a foot-operated pump, clear plastic tubing attached to large plastic cups, was supposed to enlarge by creating a vacuum.
2North American The leisure activity of riding on water or snow on a large inflated inner tube.
- For the adrenaline junkies, jet skis, water skiing and tubing are just a few examples of the water sports available at the beach.
- When not fishing, Gary enjoys inner tubing on the lake with his two sons in Wisconsin
- Investigators said it appeared the pair were tubing on the lake when the man struggled to return to the boat and went under the water.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of tubing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.