- A minute tube, especially as an anatomical structure: kidney tubulesMore example sentences
- The passage of sperm from the seminiferous tubules of the testis to the vas deferens takes about 12 days.
- If the spermatozoa showed no motility, a new tubule closer to the testis was selected, and the process was repeated.
- The tubules showed moderate-to-severe atrophy with scattered dilated tubules.
late 17th century: from Latin tubulus, diminutive of tubus 'tube'.
More definitions of tubuleDefinition of tubule in:
- The British & World English dictionary