Definition of tucuxi in English:
noun (plural same)
A small stout-bodied dolphin with a gray back and pinkish underparts, living along the coasts and rivers from Panama to Brazil and in the Amazon.
- Sotalia fluviatilis, family Delphinidae
- Mix altruism with hedonism for ten days by helping Brazilian scientists study the sensitive tucuxi dolphin off the lush island of Ilha do Cardoso, in the Cananéia Estuary, south of São Paulo.
- But it is the face that is most arresting: compared with the tucuxi's neat, smooth head, the boto's bulbous forehead seems misshapen, like a troll's or a dwarf's.
- In comparison, the tucuxi, one of the smallest dolphins, is about 5 feet long and 100 pounds.
Definition of tucuxi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.