Definition of tufted duck in English:
A Eurasian freshwater diving duck with a drooping crest, the male having mainly black and white plumage.
- Aythya fuligula, family Anatidae
- More than 70 varieties of birds breed on and around the lake, including the famous ospreys, tufted ducks, goldeneyes, coots, pochards, mallards and widgeons.
- They include gadwall, tufted ducks, pochard, coot and great crested grebes, as well as large numbers of other species such as wigeon, shoveler teal, mallard, cormorant and mute swans.
- There are four kinds of tit around here as well as woodpeckers, chaffinches, grey leg geese and tufted ducks.
Definition of tufted duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan