Definition of tufted duck in English:
A Eurasian freshwater diving duck with a drooping crest, the male having mainly black and white plumage.
- Aythya fuligula, family Anatidae
- More than 70 varieties of birds breed on and around the lake, including the famous ospreys, tufted ducks, goldeneyes, coots, pochards, mallards and widgeons.
- They include gadwall, tufted ducks, pochard, coot and great crested grebes, as well as large numbers of other species such as wigeon, shoveler teal, mallard, cormorant and mute swans.
- There are four kinds of tit around here as well as woodpeckers, chaffinches, grey leg geese and tufted ducks.
Definition of tufted duck in:
- British & World English dictionary