- Last year alone, more than 25 state colleges and universities systems increased their tuitions by 10-20% over inflation.
- At the same time, private colleges and universities relentlessly raised their tuitions by a much greater annual percentage than the increases in state appropriations for higher education.
- They also wanted to determine how many students from foreign countries (who pay hefty tuitions to attend American universities) might have withdrawn from school because of the terrorism.
- I have paid a small fortune in tuition fees to my local pool to teach both my children to swim.
- All names are placed in a hat and eight lucky names pulled are invited on stage for individual impromptu tuition.
- The boat is designed to accommodate a wide range of disabilities, as well as an instructor who provides tuition.
- Example sentences
- Here you'll enjoy modern classrooms and the relaxed tuitional style of our friendly and experienced teachers.
- Most tuitional material for the beginner will require a C harp for you to play along with it.
- In addition to his tuitional and scientific work, he was also active in the professional and social spheres.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'custody, care'): via Old French from Latin tuitio(n-), from tueri 'to watch, guard'. Current senses date from the late 16th century.
Words that rhyme with tuitionacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, volition
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.