- A predatory marine mollusk with a sculptured spiral shell resembling that of a whelk.
More example sentences
- Family Fasciolariidae, class Gastropoda, in particular Fasciolaria tulipa, which is common in the Caribbean
- Conch are the favorite food for lobster, sting rays, tulip shells, crabs, octopus, turtles and porcupine fish.
- They had oysters, sea urchins, conch shells, tulip shells, starfish, and crabs either attached or living on them.
- The thick, sculptured lip of the tulip shell is used to chip a hole in the prey's shell, then the proboscis is inserted.
More definitions of tulip shellDefinition of tulip shell in:
- The British & World English dictionary