Definition of tulip shell in English:
A predatory marine mollusk with a sculptured spiral shell resembling that of a whelk.
- Family Fasciolariidae, class Gastropoda, in particular Fasciolaria tulipa, which is common in the Caribbean
- Conch are the favorite food for lobster, sting rays, tulip shells, crabs, octopus, turtles and porcupine fish.
- They had oysters, sea urchins, conch shells, tulip shells, starfish, and crabs either attached or living on them.
- The thick, sculptured lip of the tulip shell is used to chip a hole in the prey's shell, then the proboscis is inserted.
Definition of tulip shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan