Definition of tulip tree in English:
A deciduous North American tree with large distinctively lobed leaves and large green and orange tuliplike flowers. Also called yellow poplar.
- Liriodendron tulipifera, family Magnoliaceae
- The tulip tree, Liriodendron tulipifera, has a bright yellow edged form called ‘Aureomarginatum’.
- Japanese magnolia, Magnolia soulangeana, also known as tulip tree and saucer magnolia, is one of the first trees to flower in late winter, either in January or February, depending on the weather.
- The tree species included dawn redwood, ginkgo, bald cypress, and relatives of present-day sassafras, tulip tree, and magnolia.
Definition of tulip tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.