nounNorth American & Australian/New Zealand
- A plant of dry regions that breaks off near the ground in late summer and is tumbled about by the wind, thereby dispersing its seeds.
More example sentences
- Genera Salsola (family Chenopodiaceae) and Amaranthus (family Amaranthaceae)
- He enters the classroom in a blinding heavenly light, to the accompaniment of whistling winds and rolling tumbleweed that usually accompanies Clint Eastwood in a spaghetti western.
- Even tumbleweed can't go on blowing down dusty streets for ever.
- Charles half expected to hear at once sharp cracks of sticks and tumbleweed, to which he would coax himself were just tree squirrels, or other creatures.
More definitions of tumbleweedDefinition of tumbleweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary