Definition of tung oil in English:
An oil used as a drying agent in inks, paints, and varnishes.
- This oil is obtained from the seeds of trees of the genus Aleurites, family Euphorbiaceae
- Re-oil yearly with boiled linseed oil, tung oil, or a product recommended by the manufacturer.
- Larock's group has also made hard plastics from tung oil and linseed oil.
- It is porous and requires sealing with 100 percent tung oil.
Late 19th century: tung, from Chinese.
Definition of tung oil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.