- A very hard gray compound made by reaction of tungsten and carbon at high temperatures, used in making engineering dies, cutting and drilling tools, etc..
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: WC; some forms also contain W2C
- The performance of rotary cutting tools is determined by tool geometry, tungsten carbide and wear resisting coating.
- A saw is one of the most useful items to incorporate in a multi tool, and this tungsten carbide abrasive blade will cut nearly anything.
- This burner's made of a refractory material called tungsten carbide.
More definitions of tungsten carbideDefinition of tungsten carbide in:
- The British & World English dictionary