- A two-pronged steel device used by musicians, which vibrates when struck to give a note of specific pitch.More example sentences
- It is this essay that, when struck as if a tuning fork, vibrates through all the other essays.
- Other resonant devices like chimes, tuning forks and gongs are utilized by professionals.
- This phenomenon is similar to the vibrations that can be produced in a tuning fork when it is struck by sound waves.
More definitions of tuning forkDefinition of tuning fork in:
- The British & World English dictionary