- An underwater current flowing swiftly downslope owing to the weight of sediment it carries.More example sentences
- Shepard was a member of the team which attempted to generate a turbidity current at the head of the Scripps Submarine Canyon.
- High-density volcaniclastic turbidity current deposits locally dominate the base of the succession and indicate steep slope gradients.
- Individual beds are well graded and show sedimentary structures indicative of deposition by turbidity currents.
More definitions of turbidity currentDefinition of turbidity current in:
- The British & World English dictionary