Definition of turbot in English:
noun (plural same or turbots)
1A European flatfish of inshore waters that has large bony tubercles on the body and is prized as food.
- Scophthalmus maximus, family Scophthalmidae (or Bothidae)
- Unlike the turbot the upper body surface is covered with small scales, not the bony tubercles of the larger species.
- The main fishery for the turbot in Atlantic waters is in the North Sea.
- A highly valued food fish, the turbot lives along sand and gravel shores.
Words that rhyme with turbotburbot, Herbert, sherbet
Definition of turbot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan