Definition of turkey oak in English:
A small oak of the coastal plains of the southeastern US, with leathery three-lobed leaves shaped like the outline of a turkey track.
- Quercus laevis, family Fagaceae
- In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting a turkey oak.
- Myrtle oak, turkey oak, and Chapman oak are often so densely spaced that few other plants can grow beneath them.
- Our hospital has, since its foundation, had as its symbol the turkey oak that was in its grounds.
Definition of turkey oak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India