Definition of turkey oak in English:
A small oak of the coastal plains of the southeastern US, with leathery three-lobed leaves shaped like the outline of a turkey track.
- Quercus laevis, family Fagaceae
- In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting a turkey oak.
- Myrtle oak, turkey oak, and Chapman oak are often so densely spaced that few other plants can grow beneath them.
- Our hospital has, since its foundation, had as its symbol the turkey oak that was in its grounds.
Definition of turkey oak in:
- British & World English dictionary