- Refuse to listen or respond to a statement or request.More example sentences
- Her efforts to find her son a permanent job even as a peon have been futile; the block development officer turns a deaf ear to her requests, she says.
- Unfortunately, these same people can turn a deaf ear when forced to listen to someone else's point of view.
- When the property management company turned a deaf ear to residents' advice, residents refused to pay the fees.
More definitions of turn a deaf earDefinition of turn a deaf ear in:
- The British & World English dictionary