2.1The flesh of a sea turtle, especially the green turtle, used chiefly for soup.
More example sentences
- One of the main dishes was a soup - soft shelled turtle soup.
- The ball came to an end at 3am, when the waitresses served turtle soup.
- She told me about Escoffier's cookbook and its recipe for turtle soup.
- (Chiefly of a boat) capsize.More example sentences
- Kevin bellows instructions, and in quick time we exit the boat, turn turtle and fin towards the edge of the drop-off.
- She had turned turtle and capsized and those who were not able to get out in the first few hours were surely trapped for good.
- Four minutes later the ship turned turtle and sank.
Definition of turtle in:
- The British & World English dictionary