Definition of turtleneck in English:
1A high, close-fitting, turned-over collar on a garment, typically a shirt or sweater: [as modifier]: a turtleneck sweater
More example sentences
- He is sure this is about Buffy and he nearly fell off the desk when Riley pulled a gold ring out of the zippered pocket of the turtleneck sweater he wore.
- He was wearing a black, skin-tight turtleneck tee with a cream colored scarf wrapped around his neck.
- I changed into a pair of black jeans and a white turtleneck tee shirt.
1.1A shirt or sweater with a high, close-fitting, turned-over collar.
- But in reality, knitwear is so much more than that - it includes a wide array of pullovers, turtlenecks and cardigans, among other items.
- Cardigans, turtlenecks, sweatshirts with hoods and tapered shirts with snap-on collars also appear in the collection.
- Classical pieces like v necked sweaters and turtlenecks are timeless.
- Example sentences
- The nightclub owner and his turtlenecked thugs pose a danger.
- The consistently amazing quality of the band is their ability to color experimental music and noise with more candor and emotional sophistication than most turtlenecked troubadours.
- The Mayan usually caters to these turtlenecked poseurs who don't care about quality so much as they care about seeing something 'important'.
Words that rhyme with turtleneckhalterneck • leatherneck
Definition of turtleneck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.