Definition of tussock grass in English:
A grass that grows in tussocks.
- Genera Poa, Nassella, or Deschampsia, family Gramineae: several species, in particular D. cespitosa, a coarse fodder grass of the northern hemisphere
- Well over to our right we can see a large island that's covered in tussock grass and amongst this tussock grass we can see literally thousands of pairs of nesting black-browed albatrosses.
- As the Apu leads the charge, some 40 birds march through the tall tussock grass like an advancing army.
- The day's walk usually began with a climb up to the plateau through the tussock grass which was always wet in the daily drizzle.
Definition of tussock grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.