Definition of twinflower in English:
A slender evergreen trailing plant of the honeysuckle family, with pairs of very small trumpet-shaped pink flowers in the leaf axils, native to coniferous woodlands in northern latitudes.
- Linnaea borealis, family Caprifoliaceae
- Many wildflowers in the habitat belong to the acanthus family, including branched foldwing, Carolina scalystem, Carolina wild petunia, loose-flower water willow, and swamp twinflower.
- Part way along there was an astonishing profusion of pinkish-white twinflowers alongside the trail.
- A floor of twinflowers and a maze of pathways leads to unsuspecting breathtaking areas.
Definition of twinflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.