- (Of a crystal) that is a composite consisting of two (or sometimes more) parts that are reversed in orientation with respect to each other (typically by reflection in a particular plane).More example sentences
- When viewed in thin section, it is clear that the ‘massive’ material is composed of an intergrowth of complexly twinned crystals.
- A variety of large twinned crystal forms of gypsum grow on the floors of evaporating lagoons and lakes including fans and needles.
- Although the quartz encrustation protects the calcite from dissolving, it obscures the twinned nature of the crystals, which is revealed by mechanical removal of the crust.
More definitions of twinnedDefinition of twinned in:
- The British & World English dictionary