Definition of twinning in English:
1The bearing of twins: the study showed an increased level of twinning in cattle
More example sentences
- This result should reassure women planning pregnancies, their healthcare providers, and the wider health community that the evidence of an association between folic acid and an increase in twinning is probably false.
- Increasing use of fertility drugs is almost certainly the main cause of the recent increase in dizygotic twinning in most developed countries.
- The incidence of twinning is thus increased somewhat while the risk of triplets or quadruplets remains low.
1.1The occurrence or formation of twinned crystals.
- Finally we would like to mention that the understanding of the origin of twinning in a crystal can result in the discovery of better procedures to grow untwinned crystals.
- Hexagonal bR crystals of space group P6 3 often exhibit a perfect hemihedral twinning.
- Hemihedrally twinned crystals of bR were split along ab plane into parts of approximately the same thickness and it was demonstrated that each of them or at least one has no twinning.
Definition of twinning in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan