adjective (twitchier, twitchiest)• informal
- 1Nervous; anxious: she felt twitchy about the man hovering in the backgroundMore example sentences
- I feel twitchy and nervous and on the edge of relapse.
- If he'd been at all nervous or twitchy or had anything suspicious about him, I would have picked it up right away.
- Once I got my name tag and checklist, I sat down at a table, all twitchy and nervous.
- 1.1Given to twitching: a mouse with a twitchy noseMore example sentences
- On the other hand, some suggest that it requires neither courage nor skill to outwit a bouncy, four-legged, floppy-eared thing with a twitchy pink nose.
- Last night I dreamt I had a hamster, it was very small, and kind of caramel coloured and white, with a little twitchy nose and fluffy fur.
- The gift also had a pink nose, pointy twitchy ears, and four paws.
More definitions of twitchyDefinition of twitchy in:
- The British & World English dictionary